- OhioMeansJobs|Fulton County
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Eligibility Requirements for job training grants
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds grants to eligible adults for job skills training. If you’re looking to upgrade your skills, we can help find the funding. There are two ways to establish eligibility:
- Dislocated worker: If you’ve lost a job through no fault of your own (company closure, laid off, military spouse relocation), you can qualify. Your prior income has no bearing on your eligibility if you’re a dislocated worker.
- Adult income-eligible: If your household income is less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, you may qualify to have your training funded through WIOA.
Dislocated Worker Program If you meet dislocated worker criteria, please provide documents for one of the following:
- Verification of Unemployment Insurance and Dislocated Worker Status Termination Letter from employer, news media regarding approval to receive Unemployment Insurance Compensation.
- Verification of business closure due to current economic conditions or natural disaster – Business License, Bankruptcy documents, Tax Returns, Bank Statements, etc.
- Verification of Displaced Homemaker status – Divorce/Separation papers, widowed, death certificate or incarcerated spouse documents proving that you have totally relied on the other family member’s income by 50% or more and have not worked during the cohabitation/marital relationship, etc.
- Verification that you are the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and have experienced loss of employment as a direct result of relocation to accommodate a permanent change in duty station. – Pay stub from previous employer and active-duty document.
- Verification that you are the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and who is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment. – Pay stub from previous/current employer and active-duty document.
- To qualify for funded job training, you must either qualify as a dislocated worker OR meet the income requirements in the Adult Program.
- Verification that you are a returning Veteran within the last 48 months.
Adult Income-Eligible Program If you are not receiving Public Assistance; you will need to verify your income eligibility with a document from the list below. If you are receiving Public Assistance, you do not need to verify income, but will need to provide verification of assistance through Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Income Verification of ALL family members in the household who have worked during the last six months:
- Income Verification of ALL family members in the household who have worked during the last six months:
- Six months of most recent pay stubs
- Alimony statement
- SSI/SSDI statement
- Family size verification (if applicable: birth certificates, child custody/guardianship court decree
WIOA Services Offered
Self-Directed or Core Services (WIOA Enrollment is optional)
- Job Services Registration
- Labor Market Information
- Community Resources and Programs
- Self-Service Assessments
- Job Search and Placement Assistance
Career Services (WIOA Enrollment is required)
- Career Counseling
- Comprehensive Case Management
- Skill Level Assessments
- Individual Opportunity Plans (I.O.P.)
Training Services (WIOA Enrollment is required)
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Occupational Skills Training
- Skills upgrade and/or retraining.