Click here 👇 for a complete list of unemployment FAQ’s:
Due to the public health emergency being lifted in Ohio, and since we are in a different phase of the pandemic than in past months, claimants filing NEW Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims effective June 20, 2021 or later will be required to serve a waiting week before UI benefit payments will be made. The Ohio Revised Code section 4141.29(A)and (B) lays out the “waiting period” which was temporarily made payable due to the public health emergency.
The Ohio Job Insurance Benefit system (OJI) has been updated to require the waiting week on new UI claims filed effective June 20, 2021 or later.
The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program which is modeled after the Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) program does not require a waiting week, and new PUA claims will not have a waiting week requirement.
Received from State of Ohio on 06.24.2021
Ohio Unemployment Information Sheet
Initial Claim Filing and/or Re-Open Claims
Effective September 27, 2021 ~ the public phone hours for the Contact Center will be Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. These public phone hours are for both the Pandemic Unemployment line 1-833-604-0774 and our regular Unemployment Insurance line 1-877-644-6562
visit website: www.unemployment.ohio.gov
Having Problems or Received Notice of Eligibility: PLEASE contact your Processing Center:
Social Security #
Social Security #
|Lorain UI Del. Ctr||1614-2194||866-849-0029||Toledo UI Del. Ctr||2195-3678||866-244-0399|
|Chillicothe AC||3679-4323||866-244-0399||Marietta AC||4324-5613||866-867-0044|
|Youngstown AC||5614-6774||866-221-0558||Dayton UI Del. Ctr||6775-7097||866-541-0187|
|Interstate and Federal||7098-7678||866-217-0008||Columbus UI Del. Ctr||7679-8194||866-217-0008|
|Lima AC||8195-9999||866-272-0118||Columbus AC and UCX and UCFE Claims||0000-9999||866-458-0007|
Contact the Centers via Mail: P.O. Box 182212, Columbus, OH 43218-2212 Processing Centers Fax Number (614) 466-7449
*Unemployment Claims PIN Resets Call (866) 962-4064 or (877) 644-6562 Option 2
- Must have your driver’s license or state ID ready before starting the reset process.
- Enter (using your phone) your Social Security number (SSN), date of birth, the numeric portion of your driver’s license or state ID, and their ZIP code.
- The system will state your correspondence choice (mailing address or email address) and verify what is on record.
- If the PIN reset is successful, the system will advise that your PIN has been reset and a temporary PIN will be sent via your correspondence choice. Additionally, you are advised to not attempt to log into your account prior to receiving your PIN or you may be locked out.
- The automated process will reset your PIN number in cases where none of your identifying information has changed. If the reset fails, you will be connected to a live person to assist you with resetting your PIN.
- If the PIN has already been reset that day, the system will advise that you must wait 24 hours to request a new PIN.
*Unemployment Compensation OUIO Call Center – 1-888-296-7541 Option 1
*Username Resets – Call (888) 296-7541 (OhioMeansJobs) Option 2
*Lost or Stolen Debit Card – Call (866) 276-5114
*Change Bank Account Information
Forward a copy of a voided check or a letter from your Financial Institution with the bank account information. Please include the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Mail: Ohio Department of Job & Family Services
Attn: Program Services, Finance Section
PO Box 182059 Columbus, Ohio 43218-2059
*RESEA Orientation/UCRS Orientation Instructions
Type: HTTP://OBTW.OHIO.GOV Follow instructions. Must have orientation letter with CA# to log in to complete online orientation.
UI Information for Employers Only: 614-466-2319 Fax: 614-995-0187