Requirements for Marriage License Applications
Marriage license applications are completed at the Fulton County Probate Court located on the main floor of the Fulton County Courthouse in Wauseon, Ohio. Hours for applying for a marriage license are Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00 pm. Both applicants must appear together, no later than 4:00 pm to allow time to complete the application process. The office is closed on legal holidays.
ATTENTION TO ALL REGULARLY ORDAINED OR LICENSED MINISTERS AND MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICANTS:
Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 3101.10 you must be registered with the State of Ohio, Secretary of State Office(www.OhioSecretaryofState.gov Records@OhioSecretaryofState.gov), to solemnize marriages in the State of Ohio. The Application(FORM 8001) for this is on the State site a fee of $10.00 is to be accompanied with this application and it takes 2 to 3 business days to record and this only needs to processed once then you have a lifetime registration to perform ceremonies. If you have any questions concerning this matter please either contact the Secretary of State Office or the Probate Court Office.
- If you are an Ohio resident, you must apply for your marriage license in the county in which at least one of you resides. You are then able to be married anywhere in the state of Ohio.
- If both parties are out-of-state residents and wish to apply in Fulton County, the marriage must be solemnized in Fulton County, Ohio.
Proof of Age and Residence:
- Both parties must be 18 or older. (Otherwise, special rules for juveniles apply. Call the Probate Court for more information (419)337-9242.)
- Acceptable forms of identification include a valid driver's license, a state I.D. card, birth certificate issued by a health department or vital records office, or a valid current passport.
- Additional documents accepted for proving your current address include a check, bill or signed lease.
- For any party who had a legal name change, he/she will need to bring a copy of that Judgement entry.