The Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) Program was established in Ohio to help families overcome immediate barriers to achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency. The program was designed to provide benefits and services to needy families who are in need of help with essential support to move out of poverty and become self-sufficient. The PRC program provides new opportunities to develop and implement creative and innovative strategies and approaches to remove families from a cycle of dependency on public assistance and into work.
PRC, by design, has been developed to provide benefits and services that are not considered “assistance”. When a benefit or service falls within the definition of “assistance”, there is a set of consequences for the family, including time limits, child support assignment, and data reporting requirements.
The PRC program provides non-recurrent, short-term benefits that are:
- Designed to deal with a specific crisis situation or episode of need;
- Not intended to meet recurrent or ongoing needs; and
- Will not extend beyond four months.
Required Verifications include for all household members:
- Photo ID
- Social Security numbers
- All gross income received in the household during 30 days prior to application.
Eligibility factors must be met in order to receive PRC assistance. These factors include:
- Residency in Fulton County
- Household must have 1 minor child or pregnant individual in 3rd trimester
- Non-custodial parent
- Total gross income of ALL household members is < 200% or 250% FPL, depending on service.
- Must work 20 hours per week or equal to the minimum wage at 20 hours per week.
- Vehicle Repair (250% FPL)
- Gas Cards (2-$100 gas cards per year) (250% FPL)
- Rental & Utility Assistance (200% FPL)
- Job related services: uniform, work boots, safety glasses, etc. (200% FPL)
- Job retention Services: job coaching, vocational assessment (200% FPL)
- Lice Eradication (200% FPL)
- Parenting Classes (200% FPL)
Applications are available at:
Fulton County Job & Family Services
604 S. Shoop Avenue Suite 200
Wauseon, OH 43567