About the Adult Probation Department
The Fulton County Adult Probation Department is a branch of the Common Pleas Court and is assigned various responsibilities.
First and foremost, the Fulton County Adult Probation Department is obligated to serve and protect the public by supervising those individuals convicted of primarily felony offenses and placed on community control. This was formerly known as probation.
In addition, the Fulton County Adult Probation Department attempts to assist these individuals in adjusting to a pro-social lifestyle and connect them with services that may provide the necessary direction to more effectively attain this goal.
Other responsibilities include:
- Administration of urine drug screening
- Collection of court costs, court appointed attorney fees, and restitution
- Completion of home / field contacts with offenders in the community
- Office appointments
- Pre-sentence investigations
- Other duties assigned to the Fulton County Adult Probation Department by the Common Pleas Court