HOW WE HELP
The goal of the OhioMeansJobs|FultonCounty Young Adults Job Training Program is to provide youth with every opportunity to meet their academic, post-secondary education and employment goals.
Young Adults Job Training of Fulton County
Located at the OhioMeansJobs|Fulton County, 604 S. Shoop Ave. Wauseon, Ohio 43567. The Resource Center (OhioMeansJobs) is a location for young adults ages 14 – 24. The Resource Center is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Visitors can receive employment and career planning assistance, educational support, and case management services. Specific services include:
• Referrals to year-round WIOA Youth Providers and other community partners
• Career pathway training
• GED tutoring and practice test
• Career exploration tools
• Case management/community resources and referrals
• Computer Lab for Internet
• Job Search Job Club – to share openings and learn tips on securing a job
• Workshops, including: Resume Writing, Interviewing, Professional Etiquette, and Time Management
Click here to submit an Interest Form.
For more information about the Young Adults Job Training Program call (419) 337-9215.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program provides year-round employment, academic, and training services to out-of-school youth between the ages of 16 and 24 and in-school youth between the ages of 14 and 21. The program targets youth with barriers to employment
The WIOA Youth Program provides the following elements:
• Tutoring, Study Skills, and dropout prevention
• Alternative education
• Paid and unpaid work experiences
• Occupational Skills training
• Leadership development
• Supportive services (transportation, child care, work uniforms, tools, etc.)
• Adult mentoring for 12 months
• Follow-up services
• Comprehensive guidance and counseling
• Education offered concurrently with, and in the same context as, workforce preparation activities and training
• Financial literacy education
• Entrepreneurial skills training
• Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post-secondary education and training.