HOW WE HELP
The goal of the OhioMeansJobs|FultonCounty Young Adults Job Training Program is to provide youth with every opportunity to meet their academic, post-secondary education and employment goals.
Young Adults Job Training of Fulton County
Located at the OhioMeansJobs|Fulton County, 604 S. Shoop Ave. Wauseon, Ohio 43567. The Resource Center (OhioMeansJobs) is a location for young adults ages 14 – 24. The Resource Center is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Visitors can receive employment and career planning assistance, educational support, and case management services. Specific services include:
• Referrals to year-round WIOA Youth Providers and other community partners
• Career pathway training
• GED tutoring and practice test
• Career exploration tools
• Case management/community resources and referrals
• Computer Lab for Internet
• Job Search Job Club – to share openings and learn tips on securing a job
• Workshops, including: Resume Writing, Interviewing, Professional Etiquette, and Time Management
Interested in becoming part of the Young Adults Job Training Program of Fulton County?
Click here to submit an Interest Form.
For more information about the Young Adults Job Training Program call (419) 337-9215.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program provides year-round employment, academic, and training services to out-of-school youth between the ages of 16 and 24 and in-school youth between the ages of 14 and 21. The program targets youth with barriers to employment
The WIOA Youth Program provides the following elements:
• Tutoring, Study Skills, and dropout prevention
• Alternative education
• Paid and unpaid work experiences
• Occupational Skills training
• Leadership development
• Supportive services (transportation, child care, work uniforms, tools, etc.)
• Adult mentoring for 12 months
• Follow-up services
• Comprehensive guidance and counseling
• Education offered concurrently with, and in the same context as, workforce preparation activities and training
• Financial literacy education
• Entrepreneurial skills training
• Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to post-secondary education and training.