- Senior Center
- Information & Referral Services
Information & Referral Services
The senior population is composed of many who are vigorous, healthy, and independent. But for those who suffer from declining health, the result can be physical and/or financial problems. The following are health support systems that the Senior Center offers that are designed to help seniors maintain a lifestyle with appropriate independence and dignity.
Our Information and Referral Specialist is available to assist seniors in a variety of ways such as:
- Applying for Social Security benefits
- Medical bill issues and applying for financial assistance
- Survivor/Disability benefits
- Phone call assistance (Medicare, Social Security, OPERS, etc.)
- Protective services referrals
- Energy assistance, home repair and weatherization
The Information and Referral Specialist schedules appointments at key locations throughout Fulton County communities each month. Check the Senior-Bzz Newsletter for upcoming locations or call 419-337-9299 for more information or to reserve your appointment.
Medical Insurance Assistance
Navigating through Medical insurance can be a challenge. The Fulton County Information and Referral Services Specialist provides assistance to seniors who may have Medical Insurance questions or need assistance in part of the application processes such as:
- Medicare (Part A, B & D) enrollment
- Information on Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans
- Medicare/insurance issues such as claims, appeals, etc.
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Extra Help Program and other prescription assistance programs
- Medicaid benefits
- Medicare fraud, abuse and scams
Medicare Open Enrollment
The Fulton County Senior Center offers many opportunities for assistance to seniors who are enrolling in or are already enrolled in Medicare through the annual open enrollment period.
Here is what can be done during Open Enrollment, October 15th-December 7th;
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that does offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
Any changes made will take effect on January 1, 2019.
MyCare Ohio is a free program connecting Medicaid & Medicare, and is designed to improve the way your benefits work together for both you and your providers. More information here: MyCare Ohio Website
The Senior B-zz Newsletter is published monthly. For printed copies, you can pick one up at any of the Senior Center sites as well as Fulton County Libraries and Sunday's Market in Pettisville. If you would like to receive the B-zz in the mail or via email each month, call 419-337-9299. Donations are appreciated.
Blood Pressure Screenings
Free blood pressure screenings are available once a month through volunteer nurses and staff. No appointment is necessary. Check the Senior B-zz Newsletter to see when these screenings are available at the Senior Center in Wauseon and at each nutrition site.